Sometimes, when you open mail.aol.com or you try to open a game that you have downloaded, you do not see it in the pop-up window. This could happen because of the presence of a pop-up blocker on your device. It also hampers your work because you require a lot of time to look for the desired programs or apps and dig them out from their original location.
The pop-blocker blocks certain programs and apps without asking for your consent. In this situation, you have to click on the “Open window” message to open the window. If case you want to avoid similar situations to take place in the future, you can try to disable the pop-up blocker. You can also configure the AOL pop-blocking software on your system.
In this article, you can find the detailed instructions on how to disable the AOL pop-up blocker within the Firefox and the Internet explorer. In case there is other pop-up blocking software available on your device and you do not know the right procedure to make changes in its settings, then you may get in touch with the vendor from which you obtained the software. You can also seek assistance from AOL support team members.
Steps to disable the pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer
You need to follow the steps for disabling the pop-up blocker very carefully because it might prove to be a great help in resolving the issue.
To disable pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer 7.0 or Internet Explorer 6.0
- At first, open your web browser and hit the “Tools” option.
- In this step, you have to hit the option that says “Internet Options”.
- Choose the “Privacy” tab.
- Uncheck the checkbox that is available next to the “Pop-up Blocker” option. This will change the blocker settings according to your wish.
- Lastly, hit the “Apply” option to save the settings you have made.
(Note: in case of Internet Explorer 6.0 you can click on the “Settings” button in front of the Block pop-ups checkbox. In the 6.0 version, the Pop-up Blocker is named as “Block pop-ups”. On clicking the “Settings” option, you will get enough options to configure the Pop-up Blocker.)
To disable the Pop-up Blocker in Firefox
By disabling the pop-up blocker from the firebox, you ensure that the issue has been resolved.
To disable Firefox Pop-up Blocker, do the following:
- Open your web browser, navigate to the “Tools” option and click on it.
- In this step, you have to click the “Content” icon.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Block pop-up windows” tab. This will clear it from the list.
- Lastly, tap on the “OK” button to save the changes that you have made.
In case the Pop-up Blocker is still creating trouble in your work, then you may seek assistance from the AOL Support technicians. The trained experts will assist you whenever you need them.