The password of your AOL account allows you to use the services that come along with your account. When you update your account regularly it gives your account much-needed protection. If you are a user of AOL desktop gold, then you must change your password regularly.
In this article, we will discuss the method to reset or change AOL password. But before discussing its procedure, we should ensure to make a strong and unique password. We have also discussed some of the important tips to create a strong password. If you have forgotten your AOL password, then you may also reset it.
Steps to change your password
The need for changing AOL password arises when we come to know that our account has been compromised. In this situation, we may also suspect that it has been hacked by somebody. So let us learn the steps to change AOL password which is discussed below:
- First of all, go to the security page of AOL account.
- When the security page opens, click on the option that reads as “Change password”.
- Now, you are required to enter the new password twice.
- You may be required to enter the old password for security reasons.
- After entering your new password, click on the “Continue” option.
Steps to reset a forgotten AOL password
If you are unable to access your account at mail.AOL.com because you have forgotten its password, then you can reset it by following the steps given below:
- To begin the process, you have to go to the “Sign-in Helper” of AOL.
- Now, you have to choose from the list of recovery options.
- After this, click on the “continue’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions given by the “Sign-in helper” to reset your password.
Important tips to create a strong password
One should keep in mind the points given below to create a strong password. These tips are not only for AOL account but also for creating passwords on Gmail, Yahoo, Telstra, etc.
- Use a unique password for each account
- Use more than 12 alphanumeric characters
- Don’t use obvious passwords which include your birth date, spouse’s name etc.
- Avoid repeating the characters
- Do not use adjacent characters from the keyboard
- Do not share your password with anybody
If you are having trouble while you are trying to change your AOL password, then you may seek expert assistance. The guidance provided by the experts will definitely help you in reaching out a solution to your query.