Sometimes while working with the outdated browsers you might come across Blerk Error 1. This is a browser-based error, which comes into action when you use age-old versions of browsers. This is the reason why you might face issues in your AOL mail also. This error occurs while you try to authenticate your AOL mail account.
Possible reasons for getting Blerk Error 1
There could be a few reasons behind the occurrence of this error code while accessing the AOL mail account via your browser.
- As already discussed, your browser might be outdated.
- There are some issues with AOL Desktop Gold.
- Presence of the huge history data or cookies might also be the reason behind Blerk Error 1.
Steps to resolve Blerk Error 1 on AOL
In this article, you will find all the possible things that you can do in order to fix this AOL error code 1 on Google Chrome and safari. Before you carry forward the process, do the following:
- The first thing you need to do is to enable the “Protection Mode” in your browser.
- Reset the browser’s settings.
- Ensure that you properly check the security settings which are applied in your Browser.
- You should make it a habit to clean the “Cookies”, ”Footprints”, “History” and “Cache memory” regularly.
Troubleshooting steps for Google Chrome
Follow the steps given below to clear the Cookies to fix the error:
- Open your computer and navigate to“Chrome browser” and tap open it.
- Here, tap on the three horizontal dots to locate the “Settings” option.
- Now, navigate to the “Advanced” tab and click on it.
- In this step, click on “Privacy & Security” option which is available in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on the “Content Settings” option followed by “Cookies”.
- Select the “Remove All” option
Note: the same procedure will help you to clear cookies on other web browsers as well.
Troubleshooting steps for Safari
Follow the steps given below to fix Blerk error 1 in Safari browser:
- Open your Mac and open “Safari” by hitting its icon.
- Click on “System Preferences” which is available in the drop-down menu.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Websites” option which is displayed on the right of the screen.
- In this step, choose your website i.e. AOL.
- Press the “Alt” key for a long time and then click on “Menu” that is available next to www.mail.aol.com.
- Tap on the “Run in Safe Mode” option which appears in the pop-up menu.
- Here, click on the “Trust” button.
- To complete the process, you have to restart the browser only then the safe mode will be enabled.
Blerk error 1 in AOL mail might look like a great problem to users but it is really easy-to-fix if you follow the right procedure for it.Also, to prevent this error to occur in the future, keep taking backups of your precious data.
Do you keep getting Blerk Error 1 in AOL mail? If yes, then here are the easy to follow steps to fix this error code without seeking expert guidance.