If you are facing issues in signing in to your AOL account and wanted to know the steps to identify and rectify the common sign-in errors such as invalid username and password, account locks, and other account access errors, then review the guidelines below to fix these issues.
Account and password related issues
If you have forgotten your login credentials associated with mail.aol.com: – To resolve this issue, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- You can use the Sign-in Helper, which will help you to locate your username so that you can regain access to your AOL account.
- If you know your username and you have forgotten your password then make sure you create a strong password which is unique too.
- If your browser remembers your passwords then you can check your auto-fill settings to know your password.
Invalid password or username error
When you see this error on-screen that means the username or password combination which you have entered doesn’t match with what AOL has in its records. To resolve this, you need to follow the guidelines mentioned below:-
- Check the ‘caps lock’ key of the keyboard you are using to entering the credentials. The key can actually make a huge difference to what you want to type.
- Update the auto-fill settings of your browser. If your browser remembers your password then you may need to update your auto-fill settings after you change the password.
- You can try another web browser that means, if you can access your AOL account in other browsers, the problem is not with your account, there is an issue in the browser itself. So you need to fix the issues with preferred browser.
- In case someone has changed your password, then you have to use the Sign-In helper to access your account back and reset the password again.
There are other issues related to AOL Sign in, some of them are mentioned below:-
- You get a message displaying “First time signing in here?”
- You are not asked to verify your identity even if your two-step verification is enabled on your AOL account.
- You have to reload the sign-in page.
Note: – Any sign-in issues related to AOL email account can be resolved with the help of AOL email support.
It is easy for you to resolve the issues in signing up your AOL account with the help of the steps already discussed. However, if you are still unable to sign-in then you must use the ‘Sign-in Helper’ option to access your account or you can get in touch with AOL Support via a toll –free number, which is available on the AOL’s official website.