Numerous people have been using AOL for long but these users sometimes get into trouble when they cannot access their account via AOL mail sign in the platform. This usually happens when you haven’t logged in for a long time and because of this, you have forgotten your password. Although a forgotten password can be reset the real problem arises when you cannot reset the password because of various reasons. Sometimes, you may forget the answer to the security question, or you do not have the device on which the verification code will be sent.
Can we reset the AOL email without a security question?
Yes, you can easily recover your AOL email password without security question. It is possible because provides other methods as well to reset a forgotten password. These methods include one with the help of a phone number and the other with an alternate email address. Here are the steps to reset the password via the email address:
- Go to the sign-in page of AOL.
- Enter your username and go to the next step.
- Here, you need to select the option saying ‘I forgot my password’.
- Now, you see will see three recovery options.
- Select ‘recover via email address’ option.
- Tap “Yes, send me a verification code” when you are asked if you have the access to recovery email address.
- Now, you have to log in to the recovery email account.
- Look for the email from AOL and open it.
- From here, copy the unique code and paste it in the verification field.
- Click ‘Continue’ and set a new password for your AOL account.
How do I Bypass AOL email password?
You cannot bypass the password for logging in to an AOL account because it is an illegal activity. But if you want to login to your own account and do not have the required credentials, then you can easily create a new password even without completing the verification process.
- Go to the official website of AOL.
- After this, click on the ‘Forgot password’ link present under the login box.
- Enter the required information as much as you know including your current email address.
- You may also need to provide your name in the same manner as it appears on the AOL billing information.
- For further verification, you need to enter the last four digits of your billing credit card.
- Click ‘Next’ and provide an alternate email address from where you can retrieve your password.
- Now, press ‘Submit’ and complete the retrieval steps from the alternate email address.
What are AOL account verification options?
There are some AOL account verification methods using which you can secure your account from unauthorized access. One among them is adding two-step verification to your account and the other is using an app password for those who access their account via AOL app.
Add two-step verification
- If you use this method, you need to provide a PIN along with a password for completing the account login.
- After signing in to your AOL account, go to the ‘Account Security’ page.
- Here, you will see the ‘Two-step verification’ option.
- A toggle is present beside it which you need to take towards the ‘On’ position.
- After this, you need to enter the mobile number on which you wish to receive the verification code.
- Now, select either of the two options i.e. ‘Send SMS’ or ‘Call me’.
- Upon entering the verification code, click on the ‘Verify’ option.
For creating an app password
- Repeat the same steps from 1 to 6 of the procedure given above.
- Once you click on the ‘Verify’ option, select ‘Create app passwords’.
- Now, select the app you use from the drop-down list.
- Click on the ‘Generate’ option and enter the required info.
- After following some on-screen instructions, click ‘Done’.
You should use these verification options in order to prevent unauthorized access to your account so that nobody can use your email for fraudulent purposes.